Thursday, July 9, 2015

Farmers to Receive Documentation of USDA Services

Farmers to Receive Documentation of USDA Services Local Offices Issue Receipts for Services Provided (Albuquerque, NM), July 9, 2015 — U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Farm Service Agency (FSA) State Executive Director Molly Manzanares reminds agricultural producers that FSA provides a receipt to customers who request or receive assistance or information on FSA programs. “If you visit our office, you’ll receive documentation of services requested and provided,” said Manzanares. “It’s part of our mission to provide enhanced customer service for producers. From December through June, FSA issued more than 327,000 electronic receipts.” The 2014 Farm Bill requires a receipt to be issued for any agricultural program assistance requested from FSA, the National Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) and Rural Development (RD). Receipts include the date, summary of the visit and any agricultural information, program and/or loan assistance provided to an individual or entity. In some cases, a form or document – such as a completed and signed program enrollment form –serve as the customer receipt instead of a printed or electronic receipt. A service is any information, program or loan assistance provided whether through a visit, email, fax or letter. Today's announcement was made possible through the 2014 Farm Bill. The Farm Bill builds on historic economic gains in rural America over the past six years, while achieving meaningful reform and billions of dollars in savings for the taxpayer. Since enactment, USDA has made significant progress to implement each provision of this critical legislation, including providing disaster relief to farmers and ranchers; strengthening risk management tools; expanding access to rural credit; funding critical research; establishing innovative public-private conservation partnerships; developing new markets for rural-made products; and investing in infrastructure, housing and community facilities to help improve quality of life in rural America. For more information, visit To learn more about FSA, visit or to find your local USDA office, visit # USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer. To file a complaint of discrimination, write: USDA, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Ave., SW, Washington, DC 20250-9410 or call (866) 632-9992 (Toll-free Customer Service), (800) 877-8339 (Local or Federal relay), (866) 377-8642 (Relay voice users).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.