. NMDA has been hosting this event for many years now and some of you may already be familiar with it. I wanted to reach out to all the extension offices throughout the state and provide some details on this year’s event so you could share it if you have a newsletter or email list of individuals locally who might be interested in taking advantage of the services.
Here are the key points:
- Program is available to all of the public: farmers, ranchers, golf courses, pest control companies, homeowners, and other NM residents
- We will accept all types of pesticides: old, new, expired, cancelled, unlabeled, etc…
- NOT a general household hazardous waste (HHW) collection: NO motor oil, tires, yard waste, ect…
- Format of the event:
- Locations and dates will be:
- October 16: Clovis. I am working with Roosevelt and Curry county to secure a location. Good chance it will be at the Curry County fairgrounds, waiting for the current county fairs to wrap up before finalizing details.
- October 17: Roswell. Location will be at 95 Southwest Way, Roswell NM. This is a vacant parking lot owned by the Roswell Airport, just south of the university.
- October 18: San Juan County. Location will be at McGee Park between Farmington and Bloomfield.
- Times will be from 8AM to 3PM each day. NMDA will have signage in the general area to help guide people to the correct location.
- Working to coordinate with USAg Recycling again to provide plastic recycling services. We worked with USAg last year to recycle over 10,000 pounds of jugs and barrels. Hoping to have them be a part of the event again this year. Details and links to their website are below.
Please feel free to share this info with the public and to direct questions to me at this email address or the phone number below.
I am also attaching an image and some links to instructions for rinsing plastic containers so they can be collected by USAg Recycling. Please share this info with anyone it may apply to or who is interested in bringing in their old jugs and containers.